Recently the lovely Stephanie from the blog ‘Mum in the Cotswolds’ nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is a fabulous award that has been created by bloggers, for bloggers. Effectively this is an award that welcomes new blogs, celebrates older blogs and shares the word about blogs that bloggers love. It is also a great way of finding out more about the person behind the blog.
Once you have been nominated you will need to write a blog post containing:
– A link back to the person who nominated you
– 11 interesting facts about yourself
– Answers to questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
– Links to your nominated blogs
– 11 questions for your nominations to answers
Don’t forget to notify the blogs you have nominated!
11 facts about me
1. I have a weakness for all things that sparkle
2. Meaning the Pandora shop is a minefield for my bank balance (or Mr. C’s)
3. I’m a sentimental softie
4. I keep most arts and crafts projects that Bear makes, so my fridge is dotted with pictures and I still have the Easter bonnet he made sat on my dresser
5. I’m a huge Disney fan
6. I prefer experiences to material items
7. I’m very family orientated
8. I’m incredibly determined and strong willed
9. I’m still scared of the dark
10. Also zombies
11. I still can’t use an iphone properly (what do half of those apps even do?)
My questions from Stephanie
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for a couple of years on and off, but last month I launched ‘ Our Fairytale Adventure’ and have really enjoyed getting to grips with the parent blogger world.
2. Do you have any hobbies?
I used to have loads of hobbies growing up. I absolutely loved horse riding and all of my dance classes, especially my ballet, ballroom and contemporary modern. To be honest though, I don’t really have time for a hobby at the moment. But when the children get a bit older I really want to learn to play the piano and perhaps start horse riding again. I would also like to give archery a go.
3. Who’s your celebrity crush?
David Beckham, George Clooney, Daniel Gillies and Kit Harington.
4. If you were a crayon what colour would you be?
I love the colour blue, but I would probably be red because I can be a bit of a hothead sometimes.
5. What’s your favourite TV show?
I’ve always loved friends and still watch the reruns from the 90’s. Recent TV shows though, I’d have to say I’m torn between Vampire Diaries, The Originals and of course Game of Thrones.
6. When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet growing up, I loved animals and used to write songs about being kind to animals that I would ‘perform’ in front of my family. Even as an adult, I’m always buying plants for the garden that will help wildlife throughout the winter and I’m looking forward to investing in a hedgehog house and some birdhouses for the garden next summer.
7. Where is your favourite place to eat out?
I don’t have a favourite restaurant to be honest. One of my favourite dates with Mr. C when we first met was when we just bought a back of chips and sat by a river in the sunshine. I think the company is more important than the food.
8. Shoes or bags?
I’m not hugely into owning material things and prefer to spend my money on experiences, but before I had children, I always had more shoes than bags. I’ve just sold most of my shoes though because I just don’t get a chance to wear them anymore and I tend to only use my son’s toddler backpack or the changing bag.
9. Who is a hero in your life?
The hero in my life? Probably Mr. C and my children. Mr. C is always very supportive and is the first person who has ever actually believed in me. We balance each other out really well and we make a pretty good team. The little heroes in my life are my children, they continually make me want to better myself and be a better person. I’m not sure what I would do without my gorgeous, little family unit.
10. What’s your favourite season?
I don’t really have a favourite season to be honest. I like how different they all are and love all the little things each season brings.
11. Give 3 words that describe you best?
Mother, Kind, Passionate.
Questions for my nominees
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. What do you enjoy least about blogging?
4. Sweet or Savoury food?
5. Long summer days sitting in the sunshine or cool winter nights under a blanket?
6. What is your pet hate?
7. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
8. What item could you not live without?
9. What is your dream holiday destination and why?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?